We’re delighted that ‘green’ design and construction is no longer considered a fad. Prominent designers are now embracing sustainability in their work. And New Zealanders are choosing to live in homes that are not only healthy and comfortable, but have been built to preserve and protect the country’s natural resources.
However, as we’ve watched this exciting new trend develop, we’ve realised that many people simply don’t know where to start when it comes to building an energy-efficient home. At Harakeke Consultants we have the passion, knowledge and experience to advice clients every step of the way. We also have the connections to take care of everything from design, building and materials as well as the legal and financial aspects.
We’re totally independent so our advice and suggestions are focussed solely on making sure that the process is as rewarding as it should be for our clients.
We partner with companies that share our commitment to making sustainable living an affordable new way of life for as many New Zealand families as possible.
Harakeke has a two step design & process which will take you efficiently through to the completion of your new home or renovation project. Before we start the formalities we think it’s important, either to meet you, or have a conversation and get to know each other first. We offer a complimentary introductory meeting to discuss your project and requirements. Once you are ready to proceed, our two-step process will commence.
Share Product Knowledge & Presentation
- Share Product knowledge to make an informed decision, which product you want to build with.
- Should you decide to build with one of our selected builders, factory, designers or architects, our service is for free. Our team will send you an e-mail to implement these information. We also will discuss Homestar & Lifemark Ratings with you, to clarify the advantages.
- Discuss the design brief and other requirements, meet on site to discuss building siting*, discuss timing and budget, gather all information required to proceed. If you want an architectural design, we work with different architects together to achieve your dream home or investment property. The more information (Specifications), we can get from our clients, the preciser we can get quotes from our builders.
- Please note: We have got 3 different designs already (please look under designs and register your interest), which we can adapt with different products. You can download the 3D App and we send you the links. Our team will work on more designs, to give you more inspirations.
Geo-technical investigation, structural certification, clarification on foundation
- Present design and cost estimate from builders or factory, who are working with high performance products. Incorporate feedback and prepare to finalize design documents
Documents for building permit & construction
- Selection of finishes & equipment for inclusion in detailed building plans
- Collation of site and authorities information documents,
- Preparation of documents for building permit (council)
- Preparation of documents for construction & finalize costings
Each project is unique and will therefore be costed differently, depending on type of building, products, finishes, complexity and location.
- All interviews, documents and coordination services outlined above
- Kit manufactured and delivered to site, if applicable.
- Technical advice during construction
- * site visits are charged at cost for distances greater than 100km from Christchurch
Harakeke Consultants is a member of PrefabNZ.com
Harakeke Consultants is an accredited partner of Lifemark™ – New Zealand’s intelligent design rating system that improves the usability, safety and access of new homes. This rating will tell you how well the home will suit you and your family’s needs over a lifetime.
New Zealand Green Building Council – NZGBC
Harakeke Consultants has been a member of this industry organisation since 2014.
NZGBC is a not-for-profit entity dedicated to accelerating the development and adoption of market-based ‘green’ building practices.
Harakeke Consultants is a member of this innovative Christchurch-based initiative.
It’s a not-for-profit group by the industry for the industry. Its aim is to promote and normalise the idea of energy-efficient sustainable homes through open source sharing of design and construction information.
For more information visit the SuperHomes Facebook page.